1.29.2009

Well, Since You Asked...

In 2005 I participated in a "virtual round table" of political bloggers organized by Buffalo Spree magazine. I was delighted, of course, because nothing makes me happier than being asked what I think about something. At the same time it was a surprise to be included. I'm not particularly well informed on local issues, and my blog posts through the years have rarely ventured into the rough waters of the political sea. I found the round table issue of Spree yesterday in a desk drawer. It was weird to go back to 2005, when the big topic was Buffalo's Mayoral race and nobody had ever even heard of Barack Obama. It was even weirder to see my words there on the printed page, given the same consideration and weight as someone who - let's be honest here - knows what the hell they're talking about. Next stop: Meet the Press?

No comments: